Tempered glass is designed to resist breaking than normal glass. This would suggest that we should take a few precautions when cleaning it.
Screen protectors can help prolong the life of your device, whether it is your smartphone, laptop or desktop. They prevent damage from fingerprints and scratches, as well as certain damages. Some people may feel paranoid if they see dust or bubbles underneath the tempered glasses.
It is very annoying to see electronic devices getting dirty. This blog will show you how to clean tempered glasses on any device. Tempered glass has a similar texture to the screen of your phone, so these same rules can also be applied to a plain phone screen.
The key takeaways
- Much tempered glass has an oleophobic coat that resists smudges. Sometimes, all they need to be cleaned is microfiber.
- Use a mixture of water and dish soap to clean the screen.
- Avoid using alcohol wipes on your phone screen as it can cause scratches and damage.
Tempered glass cleaning is easy with these simple and readily available materials:
- Dish soap
- Spray water bottle
- Microfiber cloth
What is Tempered Glass?
Tempered glass is known for its durability and strength. It is essential to know how to clean the glass. Tempered glass, a transparent material that is 4 times stronger than your phone’s screen, can be assembled using chemical treatment or controlled thermal treatment.
This glass will not break into jagged pieces, but a smaller fracture will be visible. It can be used to reinforce surfaces such as doors, windows, phones, computers, iPhones, and shower partitions.
What is an oleophobic coat?
These coatings are applied to ceramic and glass surfaces and provide finger smudge resistance. They also create an oil-resistant surface, which repels dirt particles and dust. If the coating is kept in good hands, it has a two-year life expectancy. However, misuse can quickly wear down your smartphone’s screen and cause damage within a matter of months.
How to clean tempered glasses the easiest way
- Under cool running water, place the sticky side of your screen.
- Combine 1 tablespoon dish soap and 2 cups water in a spray bottle.
- This mixture can be sprayed on any tempered glass to remove dirt and fingerprint stains.
- You should focus on the areas that are mostly inaccessible and clean them up.
- Allow it to sit for a while to absorb the dirt.
- To wipe the surface clean, use a microfiber or soft cotton cloth.
- To quickly dry the glass’s sticky and nonsticky sides, you can use a blow dryer.
- Dust particles can build up on tempered glass if it is cleaned in a dusty area. Take some packaging tape and make a loop to avoid this.
- The looped tape can be applied lightly to the screen protector. This will help remove dirt particles.
- After the process is complete, you can wipe the screen clean with a microfiber cloth.
- If the cord is still plugged in, switch off your cell phone.
- Use a blunt tool such as a debit card to gently lift the tempered glass from the screen.
- To remove dirt from the tempered glass, use alcohol wipes that are meant to be used for the exact same purpose.
- A lint roller can be used to smoothen the phone’s surface or tempered glass.
- Place the screen cover, edge to edge, on the phone screen after drying it thoroughly
- You can remove air bubbles between the screen and tempered glass by pressing down on it
Here are some key points to remember when cleaning tempered glasses
- Due to their harmful properties, it is strongly discouraged to use white vinegar, commercial cleaners, cream-based cleaners, and bleach on tempered glass.
- The glass should not be left unattended with soap solutions. This could cause deposits.
- While cleaning tempered glass, do not use any scraping tools, razor blades, or hard steel scrubbers.
- To remove hard water stains, use elbow grease instead of harsher chemicals.
- Use chemicals such as alcohol and ammonia with care.
- When cleaning tempered glass surfaces, only use a microfibercloth
Tempered glass should be cleaned at night to prevent it from drying out. This will allow you to dry the glass before dirt streaks develop.
Tempered glass is more durable than regular glass so it can be used to protect your phone’s screen. It only needs a gentle touch to make it sparkle again. The dish soap suggested in this blog can cut through grease without causing any damage. It is easy to clean tempered glass if you just follow these simple steps.